By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server down?

By Chanoko December 24, 2018, 16:37:10
AnkaTracker

Heyo. Coming back after a long time to the online community.
I've been trying to enter the Krosmaster servers since December 22th and I can't. Don't see any maintenance notification for those dates either.

I am missing something or... it is dead?

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello. 
As the game has moved to Board Game Arena in its entirety, the servers for Krosmaster Arena 3D are no longer accessible. The game has also been removed from the Steam storefront as well as all the add-ons/packs that came with it. 
If you've created your BGA account with the same e-mail as your Ankama account during the beta, your miniatures collection has been transferred to BGA as well. 
~Dewit 

See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 2

Same here. I've been trying since May 2018 and if you connect via Steam in a PC it always gives you Disconnected from the Server.

0 0
Score : 1582

Nobody seems to care but us two. Haven't even received any reply from mods... sad

1 0
Score : 1

Im trying to connect and it say that server is down...

0 0
Score : 4344

Ankama, dumped the online game.....sorta....  They passed the on-line version on to "board game arena".    You can now play a 2D version of it there.   If you go to the "News" tab above and scroll down about 10-12 articles you'll find the one with the details on that.   

Now on to my personal opinion:
Ankama let bad figure balance kill on-line play.    They have had this odd predisposition to being categorically opposed to fixing figure balance issues.  (Sorta), they took a lame stab at it with the eternal pack cards (which they have yet to release in English), and while those changes were a baby step in the right direction they were not a "complete fix".   And what happened with the on-line game was mostly Julith tentpole teams dominated game play and that had two effects:
1) It drove away new players, as they'd get waxed by OP constructed teams by players who know to take advantage of OP level 1 figures and OP figures like Julith to build teams new players stand no chance against.
2) Julith, Julith, Julith....bored to tears old players.  I literally faced Julith teams 75% of the time I played ranked games toward the end of the cool 3D version.

So rather than putting effort into fixing things, Ankama opted to hand the game support off to "Board Game Arena".  Which sucks because I have to say that while Ankama is inept at balancing their game, the are outstanding at both the basic game play design and the aesthetically fabulous live version and 3D on-line version of the game.  They did a wonderful job on that.  But their stubbornness about fixing the game balance killed Krosmaster Arena.

You can go to "Board Game Arena" but every time I've tried I've never gotten anyone to sign up and start a game....there just doesn't seem to be a community there.   Plus I'm sure it's not going to look or play anywhere near as nicely as the old 3D game you were looking for.

0 0
Score : 1582

Hey, hi, Ninja. Long time no talking, you devote Krosmaster fan.

Yes. I knew everything about the BGA version but I also saw the 3D server working on pair so I supposed it will still work at least to play the Adventure or to arrange matches with friends in the Challenge mode (Which is what we've been doing in its last days). 
I know, silly me.

Also, wow, bro and I lost a big chunk of the game life. We didn't suffered with the Julith season XD

It's sad they can't understand that the 'decision factor' is crucial to get a base for balance in a tactical game. As soon as the character level is higher than 3, they think that means that it's ok that the Krosmaster should be able to  do all the strong spell combinations available in one turn. That has been their worst flaw in all krosmaster life. I know there are more specifics and it is not that easy to put it in a single phrase like that one but that's the core of it. What should I do now with my big guy? Umh... I know, every strong and useful spells I just need combined! I have enough AP to do that, anyway. That has been the problem since day 1. Nox and Klor Ofil, I remmember. Well, Nox can teleport and shoot twice. There's no hamper on having just 2 MP. And now, the same thing with Julith. The solution they're working with to solve that gives me all the reason: Lessen her AP max by 1 (Maladroit) so she can't do a max combination in a single turn... but think on what to combine... at least at her base stats.

For the "new version" wich I consider a total insult to fans, I think that's the reason for you not finding players there yet... or maybe never. I've been there and man... just by seeing that flat cheap maps in cenital view, with the characters being represented by squares... my God squares! with chopped portraits in there! I just can't. I didn't even feel the motivation to make an account... We just checked it because my bro Gual-kun made one out of curiosity and that was all.

For real... I don't even now how the game works visually but I can guess: There are no visuals, period. It will be a long log sidebar that informs you about what's happening... Yes, like old arcaic RPG Nintendo games. So... after having a full visual version are we suposed to get into that crap? Thanks but no thanks... I dunno if I could change my mind due to something in the future... but I can't even imagine what that big something could be.

0 0

Well, you can still buy stuff on Steam for the game. That is very amoral if the servers are not playable. Is there -any- hope of just letting the game be available to wanting players??

0 0

Hello. 
As the game has moved to Board Game Arena in its entirety, the servers for Krosmaster Arena 3D are no longer accessible. The game has also been removed from the Steam storefront as well as all the add-ons/packs that came with it. 
If you've created your BGA account with the same e-mail as your Ankama account during the beta, your miniatures collection has been transferred to BGA as well. 
~Dewit 

may be you will give us offline version for games VS AI and challenge mode?
BGA is the most disgusting thing i saw with your products.

plus krosmaster online is nice learning tool and for me it was a possibility to play when you dont have time/access to board game.

0 0
Score : 58

Yes please give us a offline version of 5he old 3d game. You don't even have to update it with new seasons! But it's great for beginners to train and see how somethings are meant to work. You can really understand the rules better by playing the pc game

0 0

Unfortunately, due to how the game was coded, an offline version isn't possible. The AI actions were controled on the server side, meaning that without a server running, the AI can't play. This makes the solo mode all but impossible. 

Score : 33

BGA is trash, fix your game so its profitable again

0 0
Score : 58

Well if all else fails you could release it open-source maybe there is someone out there who can fix it

0 0

Beh che bella notizia... bah

0 0
Respond to this thread